Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New Foster Kitten

Yesterday I received a call from the humane society where I volunteer as a foster parent, saying that a very young kitten was brought in after being found in a walk-in freezer.  Poor little thing just wants to snuggle and be held, probably never wants to be cold again!  It was noon, so I quickly grabbed something to eat and then headed out and picked her up.  She was dirty and I could feel her bones easily through her coat, but oh so teeny tiny (weighs just barely one pound) and just a sweetheart!  She was very content as long as I was holding her.  But when I put her down... well, this video will show you better than I could explain it!  LOL


I gave her a bath after the video and dried her real well.  She wasn't happy about the bath of course.  But she was perfectly happy snuggling with me afterwards, even with the dogs laying next to me she didn't seem to mind.




I put a SnuggleSafe into her bed to help keep her warm and she's much more content to being in her bed now when she's not with me.  She even slept through the night without a sound and used her litter box for the first time after we helped her dig in it a bit to get the idea!  She's still learning about food and toys, but she'll figure it all out.  
It's nice to have a baby in the house again!  :-)



1 comment:

  1. Glad she has a great new home for now! Will you be able to resist keeping this one??? Time will tell... :)

    ReplyDelete