Well, on Friday afternoon while I was waiting for the brownies to cool, the Foster Coordinator called to say that a litter of six kittens without their mama had been dropped off at the other branch - owner surrender. All the other foster homes were full, and she knew I wouldn't have had time to get the room ready yet, but wondered if I could have the kitten room ready by tomorrow (Saturday). Well, that is one way to stop drowning my sadness in brownies! LOL Each kitten needs to be a certain age and size before they can be adopted, and these kittens are about 5-6 weeks old, healthy, no fleas, and I would probably only keep them for 2-3 weeks. I said okay, and immediately felt a burst of energy, forgot about the brownies, and started on laundry and cleaning. When my husband came home from work, he helped too! We had the room and kitten supplies all clean and disinfected not long after.
Saturday morning after breakfast I headed out to the shelter. I thought about going by the other branch to check on my previous fosters, but decided it might be best for them (and me) if we didn't see each other so soon. So I went to the other shelter and picked up the six kittens and their medicine. And they're not buff this time! LOL
Introducing my third group of foster kittens:
 |
| Checking out their new home |
 |
| Relaxing after a big morning |
There are three black and white, one all tabby, and two tabby and white. I think there are five girls and one boy, but I need to check again after they have settled in a bit. They are all healthy, good weight, and litter box trained (yay!) so it should be pretty easy. They don't seem to be interested in dry food but love canned, so will work on that with them.
I miss the buff kids but I am sure this new litter will keep me entertained. :-)
Oh my goodness, you never stop, do you? Sending you some virtual brownies to keep your strength up! LOL
ReplyDeletexo
The six pack is a very quick and lively bunch too. So thanks Diane, I need it! LOL
ReplyDelete