Last night was the winter solstice lunar eclipse. It had been cloudy, reports were that we wouldn't get to see it, so I had no plans to stay up to see it. I had heard that it would happen at 11:40pm. No problem, I wouldn't be awake then anyway. But then at 9:30pm I start seeing reports that it had "started". Curious, I went outside to see if I could see anything. I looked around and there was the moon - and the eclipse was just starting! Very cool! The clouds had parted so I could see it!
I took this photo at 11pm:
I tried to take more pictures when it was a full eclipse but the contrast wasn't enough to show up on my camera. And then... the clouds covered it up. Oh well! I found this really cool time-lapse video if you'd like to see it!

Cool photo! I saw some really nice ones online last night. Better than staying up until 3 am. :)
ReplyDelete